Top 10 things to do during your Airlie getaway
History runs deep. Wine flows freely. The equestrian scene thrives. Nature invites you outside. And your Airlie getaway puts you at the center of it all. Here is your definitive list of the top 10 things to do in and around Warrenton when you stay with us.
- Great Meadow Foundation is the local horse-lover’s headquarters with twilight polo, steeplechase events and more family-friendly equestrian fun.
- Wineries are abundant in the immediate area. You can visit and sip your way through 20 within a 20-mile radius of the resort.
- Shenandoah National Park brings you 200,000 acres of protected land, home to cascading waterfalls, endless hiking trails and the famed Skyline Drive—all just 30 miles away.
- Manassas Battlefield, less than 15 miles from Airlie, is a must-see for American history buffs as the site of two epic Civil War battles.
- George Washington’s Mt. Vernon. Discover where the first U.S. President lived and will forever rest in peace on this historic plantation estate.
- Castleton Festival brings world–class opera straight to the heart of Virginia every summer.
- Jiffy Lube Live sets the stage for today’s biggest musical performers in an open-air amphitheater setting.
- Smithsonian Air & Space Museum at Dulles. Aviation enthusiasts can now experience awe over thousands of aircraft in nearby Dulles.
- Biplane Rides. Flying high from your Smithsonian visit? Take an open-air biplane voyage of your own over picturesque Fauquier County.
- Washington, D.C. The political power center of our nation feels like another world, but it’s only a 50-mile car ride away.
the perfect package
Explore our current offerings for accommodations, dining and special interests bundled into one price.