We want you, your pooch and all of our guests to have a fun and relaxing escape here at Airlie. That’s why we’ve created the pet-friendly guidelines below for dogs and their owners to follow. We’re sorry—at this time, no other types of pets can stay at Airlie.
- Airlie can accommodate dogs that weigh 50 pounds or less. Maximum of two dogs per room—limited number of rooms are designated pet-friendly.
- There is a $100 non-refundable fee per room, per stay that covers the costs of deep cleaning prior to the next guest’s arrival.
- Please know that service animals are always welcome—and that weight limits and fees are waived for them.
- Dogs (with the exception of service animals) are not permitted in the main buildings, pool area, restaurants/food and beverage areas, tennis courts or culinary garden. Our concierge can recommend dog-friendly restaurants and wineries in the area.
- When outdoors, dogs must be on a leash, in a carrier or held in your arms. Please clean up and properly dispose of all pet waste.
- Dogs are not to be left unattended in a room at any time, unless kept in a travel carrier or dog crate. Please notify housekeeping about any “accidents” and immediately request a cleaning. Pet owners are responsible for any damage to the resort property or room.
- A preferred time for housekeeping must be provided when the dog is not in the room
- Airlie reserves the right to refuse accommodations for or ask to have a dog removed from the property for improper behavior, including, but not limited to, excessive barking, biting or evidence of disease. Airlie is not liable for any injuries a dog sustains while on the property.
- Dogs must be registered at the front desk during check-in and owners must sign a copy of this pet policy.
- Dogs should have all recommended vaccinations up-to-date. Owners agree to obtain and provide current records from a licensed veterinarian upon request by Airlie management.