Know before you go
We want your stay with us to be amazing. Please review the important information on this page and you’re one step closer.
TIMES TO KNOW
GUESTROOM/LOCKED GUEST AREA SECURITY
The safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority. To ensure both, please note the following:
- If you misplace your room key, come to the front desk and show proper identification to be reissued a key to your guestroom. (Helpful tip: keeping this I.D. with you at all times is a good idea.)
- Airlie can only issue keys to guests with an I.D. that are registered to that room—we cannot give a key to any other person, regardless of relationship to the registered guest (this includes, but is not limited to spouse, immediate family, friends, employers)
- Airlie staff cannot permit access to guestrooms or locked guest areas (i.e. fitness club) without proper identification and verification that you are a registered guest of the hotel
- Looking for more ways to stay safe? Check out these handy resources from the American Hotel & Lodging Association: Guest Safety Tips and Safety Tips for Traveling with Children.
DEPOSITS, FEES & TAXES
- Upon check-in, a credit or debit card will be authorized for your stay and amenity fee, as well as a hold of $50 per day for incidentals for all reservations
- Virginia requires us to collect 5% sales tax + 2.3% occupancy tax
- Your daily amenity fee of $15 per room, per night covers your room amenities and numerous resort activities
YOUR CAR AT AIRLIE
Our village-like setting means you can park your car in our lot (for free) and forget it. We even have PEP stations for charging electric and hybrid vehicles. When you’re driving around the property, please adhere to the 14 MPH speed limit. (No, that’s not a typo. The speed limit at Airlie is exactly FOURTEEN MILES PER HOUR because 1. we want to keep our wildlife safe and 2. people tend to notice and obey these speed limit signs.)
Our outdoor pool located on the main side of the property is generally open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend exclusively for our guests’ summer fun (dates subject to change).
- Pool hours are from dawn to dusk. Please note that we do not have a lifeguard on duty—all guests swim and use the pool area at their own risk.
- For their safety, children must be accompanied by an adult at all times when in or around the pool.
- Our hotel follows swimming pool safety guidelines from the National Lightning Safety Institute. Any lightning present in the general area requires us to clear the pool area and stop all outside activities until thirty minutes after the last rumble of thunder is heard.
FITNESS CENTER & ACTIVITIES
Guests have full access to our well-equipped fitness center 24 hours a day to keep your workout routine on track. There are also a number of resort activities that are complimentary for Airlie guests. Other recreation—including some Airlie Adventures—have a fee associated with them. Please call Guest Services (ext. 3293) for details and reservations.
We’re animal lovers at Airlie. So we’ve set aside a certain number of guestrooms to accommodate friendly dogs and the humans who love them. You can view restrictions and details in our full pet policy here.
For our guests’ safety, personal appliances that have not been previously approved by Airlie are not permitted in guestrooms or common/break areas. This includes, but is not limited to, electric heaters, kettles, burners, heating ranges, pressure cookers, deep fat fryers, Hibachis, grills or any open flamed device(s).
OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Outside food, alcoholic beverages and coolers are not allowed in the pool area, public spaces or food outlets on the property. Airlie maintains the right to remove outside food and beverages found in these areas.
For the security and privacy of our guests any drones not operated by an Airlie staff member are prohibited on the property. Airlie maintains the right to hold the drone in a safe place until the owner’s check out date.
GUEST ROOM ENTRY
Airlie reserves the right to enter a guestroom at any time.
Out of respect for other guests, we ask that noise levels in rooms and walkways close to accommodations be kept to a minimum at all times, but especially after 11PM. Failure to comply may result in the guest being asked to leave the room and property without compensation and any charges incurred from the disruption of other guests’ stays will be applied to the offending guest’s bill.
Airlie is 100% smoke free within all buildings (including guestrooms). You’ll be reminded of this policy at the time of booking and upon arrival. There is a $250 fee (per guestroom) and $500 fee (per cottage) for guests who do not comply to cover the extensive cost of restoring these spaces to smoke-free conditions. Designated outdoor areas have been reserved for smoking. Please ask Guest Services (ext. 3293) for the area closest to your accommodations.
EXCESSIVE DAMAGE AND CLEANING FEES
If a guestroom is excessively damaged or requires excessive deep cleaning, Airlie reserves the right to charge $500 to your guest folio to repair the damage and/or cover cleaning costs. Guests are responsible for keeping rooms at an acceptable level between cleanings to discourage invitation of bugs or creatures.
CANCELLATION AND NO SHOW POLICIES
- Cancellations are accepted up to 72 hours before your day of arrival.
- No-show guests will be cancelled and charged one night’s stay.
- Conference guest cancellations will apply as outlined in your group contract.